As the UK marks 30 years since the introduction of the of Section 28, which banned the promotion of queer lifestyles in schools – we should all be questioning how much we know about queer liberation history.
So this year National Student Pride is taking students on a bus tour of London in the most glamorous way - hosted by a queer performer of course.
What better way to spend your Sunday than on a Big Queer Bus Tour around London?
Travel a route specially created for National Student Pride and see all the best sights in London with queer performer Dan De La Motte reading your ears with important LGBT+ history facts you'll hear on no other London bus tour.
Organised by our lovely friends over at Queer Tours, the bus will take you around important, queer landmarks whilst the fabulous Dan de la Motte discusses how LGBT+ rights have progressed, on a fun, but informative, journey of the UK’s capital city’s queer culture.
The tour, on 11th with take off all around London pointing out the best queer safe spaces, venues and LGBT history that has taken place in the city.
Setting off at 11am Baker Street on Sun 11th the tour is set to be a great queer guide to London for visitors and students living in the city.
The tour will go all around central London from Baker Street to Buckingham Palace.
Every stop will explore different aspects of LGBT history like:
- origins of Pride in Trafalgar Square,
- the History of the HIV+ epidemic at former hospitals,
- resistance to 'Section 28' in the House of Lords,
- Queer Dance Halls of the 1930's, legendary LGBTQI+ nightclubs of the 70's (Club Bang),
- spaces for love and sex - from cottaging and cruising to underground lesbian bars and sites of resistance to oppression
- how LGBT+ migrants have fought in the House of Lords and 'Gay Liberation Front' activists have confronted the medical establishments homophobia
- and so much more!
Bus tours around London are generally priced around £20 - £30, however, ours will available from the the tickets page of the site, for the massively discounted price of just £4!
National Student Pride’s massively discounted bus tour is an exclusive - the route has been made especially for us.
Hop on board.